Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Off To School

It has been a crazy few weeks around here. After all the preperations, Tyler is officially a College freshman. Mike and I flew him to California last week, and returned home this past weekend. Too say it was emotional, would be an understatement. I miss him more then I thought possible! The good news is, he loves his school, he has an awesome roommate (who is from Ireland), and he doesn't seem to be too homesick (yet). Saying good-bye, and watching him walk back to his dorm was one of the hardest things I've ever done as a mother. We are so proud of him and his accomplishments. He is so ready for this stage of his life, and his future is going to be a glorious one. We are filled with joy for all that he will experience and the knowledge he will gain. My heart still hurts, but I also feel like the most blessed mother in the world. Being his mom is one of my greatest joys in life. He has blessed our family in ways I cannot describe. His brothers miss him, and have been sending him text messages everyday. My cell phone is never out of reach. We are all getting used to this. I know it is a cliche, but they do grow up so fast. He'll always be my baby, and my love for him is more then the stars in the sky...it is endless and forever.

On a lighter note, Peter has already claimed his bathroom and Will has called dibs on his desk chair!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I can't even imagine.. I have about eight months and I will be going through this.. They will always be our little baby boys..
Hugs to you girly..
Have a Great Week..

mandt said...

Oh wow! I can't imagine how hard that must have been. Kudos for being such a great mom, Ashley! What an exciting time for Tyler!

Angie said...

Oh Ashley! I can't even begin to imagine how that would feel. I know it was hard but obviously you prepared him well since he is settling in to his new life so good!
I will keep you and Tyler in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks.

Gail said...

Ashley, you've been in my thoughts so much lately. Tyler will forever be your little boy. I know very well this is so difficult and also know how proud you are too!

With love,
Gail

Leigh and Anthony said...

Ashley,

What an amazing post! You brought tears to my eyes.

Unknown said...

Aww, I know this is such a bittersweet time for you. Time does certianly fly by too quickly for us mothers doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Congrats to Tyler. This is such and exciting time in his life...also loved the vacation photos :)