We went rafting through Gore Canyon, on the Colorado River. It was a great day! The skies were blue, and the sun was shining. When we stopped for a picnic lunch, we saw an eagle soaring above us. The boys did a little fly fishing, and also practiced their rowing skills (in the calm parts). The water was very cold and running fast because of the snow melt. Some of the rapids were bigger then I expected. We did see someone get "bounced out" while going through a section called "Eye of the Needle". They were fine, and quickly pulled back into their raft. No pictures of this, because I was closing my eyes and hanging on! Mike is very experienced at rafting/rowing, and he got us through the technical parts with no worries. Most of the time was spent soaking up the sun and our beautiful surroundings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That looks like great fun. I hope you and your family have a wonderful summer!
Melody
Beautiful pics Ashley. What fun, I'd have kept my eyes closed too, believe me...
Hope your week is a good one! :)
HOW FUN!!!!
That sounds like a Great way to spend your weekend..
Have a Great Week..
What fun!!! I love to raft but I'm sure rafting in Colorado is different than in Georgia! ;) I might be scared to death with my eyes tightly closed the whole time!
Beautiful pictures!
Rafting is so much fun and what a great year for runoff!
Post a Comment