I had a dream the other night. It seemed so real! In my dream, I had over slept. I was in my kitchen, and frantically trying to get breakfast for the boys. My kitchen clock said it was 7:43. I had 2 minutes to get the boys fed, out the door, and off to school, which is a 20 minute drive. My car pool mom was banging on my front door, wondering where I was. It was chaos! I was also trying to light my gas stove, but it wouldn't light. I was so frustrated. On the counter was a baby bottle. I was so confused as to why it was there. And then I heard a noise from upstairs. Everything got very quiet, and I could hear Lilly waking up in her crib. It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard.
That was it. I woke up with that feeling like I had just dreamt about something important. It took me a few minutes to remember what I had been dreaming about. I laid in bed, thinking about it. I tried very hard to remember if I had seen Lilly in my dream. No, I had only heard her. I will never forget those sweet sounds.
That was the most vivid dream I have experienced about Lilly. However, two different times, I have had a very strange dream. Both times, the dream is exactly the same. It goes like this: We are in China. Mike and I are in a big room with many other families, waiting for their babies. A line of nannies come walking into the room, carrying babies. I notice tears of joy on the waiting families. I hear babies crying. All around me, families are being created. I am so nervous, I am shaking. We are the last couple to be called forward. At the end of the line, is a man who approaches us. He is carrying a beautiful, ornate, gold birdcage. Inside, is a tiny, delicate, yellow baby bird. He hands us the cage, and we accept it. He is smiling so proudly at me. Then, suddenly, the dream just ends. I wake up to ponder what I have just dreamt.
Are dreams just a creation of my imagination? Or a series of thoughts, images, and emotions that occur during sleep? The dictionary defines a dream as a state of mind marked by a release from reality. I have a very dear friend who says dreams are whispers from God.
What I know for sure is that my dreams of Lilly are born in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Love your blog! Hope your wait for Lilly will pass quickly.
I love how your friend says that dreams are whispers from God. Take care Ashley. I hope you have more dreams of Lilly. :)
I love this post...
I can not wait to have whispers from God...
Have a Great Evening..
I love the "whispers from God". Both dreams are beautiful. The yellow bird could be what you know is your dream come true. You can't see her yet, but you know she's beautiful.
I always dreamed I was getting a 2 year old boy from Russia with stinky pull-ups or a 16 boy from Norway. Not nearly as nice as yours.
Beautiful! I totally believe that we have special dreams that are straight from God. After my Lili died I had a special dream once a month for a year. It was all about me and Lili spending time together. She couldn't talk in real life but in my dreams she talked and callled me mommy and kissed me a million times. They were always so real and I always woke up feeling like I'd just had a real visit with her.
~Lynn
Post a Comment