Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We bought what?



Guess what we bought this weekend?? I cannot tell you how much the boys have wanted a pool table. We have a big rec. room in our basement, however I had not imagined this is how we would fill the space. Long gone are the Brio trains and table, the Legos, and the Roxenbox. The boys mostly play PlayStation Madden Football, tie flies for their fly fishing adventures, or download itunes. It is a great room for them to just "hang-out". However, I also imagined it as a great room for Lilly's toys. Not that she has any yet, but my imagination had the spaces filled with Little Tykes toys, play kitchens, dress up stuff, and dolls. Eventually...., they promised me.

Anyway, I was feeling under the weather this weekend, so Mike took the boys out to do some shopping. A few hours later, I get a call to come meet them at a certain store. They wanted to make sure I was pleased with what they had picked out (how thoughtful!). I dragged myself to the store, feeling awful, walked in, and saw three beaming boys (four, if you count Mike). How could I veto that ? So, next Tuesday, the pool table will be delivered. Oh, happy day......

4 comments:

Laura said...

We had a pool table when I was a teenage. Loved it! I wish I had a room big enough for one now. I'm looking at those multi-game items with a foosball table, etc. My girls have moved on from all the princess and girly stuff. It happens fast. Enjoy the new pool table!

Gail said...

Wow Ashley! Pretty cool and I have to say... my dh has been coveting a pool table lately too for our basement. Don't worry the pool table will be sharing space with the Little Tykes kitchen and dress up outfits in time. Have fun!

Angie said...

OH...how fun! I know your boys will really enjoy that! I'm sure they won't mind sharing their space with Lilly's things!

mandt said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure your guys will be happy to share the room with Lilly's kitchen, tea party table, etc. We sign the contract on our new house today so I'm sure Mark will be following suit after we finish the basement in a few years. It's sad to see them outgrow their kiddy stuff isn't it? Nathan rarely plays with his Thomas train anymore. :(
Love, Terri