Saturday, November 14, 2009
LID Day - 3 years waiting.....
Hope is a thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings a tune without words
And never stops at all......
Is it even possible that it has been three years since our LID (and 43 months since we began this adoption)? I never, in my wildest dreams, would have thought this. So much has changed! Our oldest is away at college, living in a different state, and getting ready to take on the world. Our twins are beginning their high school career, loving life, and learning to drive. Mike followed a dream and began his own company. We have traveled to far away places, and we have made new life long friends. Birthdays and holidays have come and gone. Life is so good, but something is missing. Through it all, I carry a special little girl in my heart. Through it all, I still have hope.
I open the drapes in her room, and let the sun shine in. We are all here, waiting for her to come home to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Happy 36 months girly.. .
You are almost there...
Hugs..
Waiting and hoping with you, Ashley! We will bring them home...I just know it!!!
I know how you feel as I hit the 3 year mark on Sunday. Hugs to you.
That is so beautiful Ashley and I pray that the little girl can fill up that sunny room soon, but it sounds like you have so many blessings already too.
The wait has been so hard. I know that your child will find her way to you.... It was so hard for me to believe that and now we are getting very close. Keep the faith and hope in your heart and she will come. I really believe God will put is with the child we are meant to have.
Post a Comment